Friday, March 26, 2010

Prayer to the Gymnastics Goddesses......

To the goddesses of gymnastics:

I realize we can't win every year. But in case you've forgotten, we didn't win LAST year. Is it too soon to request it again?

I realize this has been a up-and-down year, and we haven't established ourselves with any consistency.

I realize we are just one team in the toughest conference in the country, with all 7 teams in the top 20.

I realize there are more important things than college gymnastics. Just not this weekend.

I realize we can't always be the best.

If it is in our destiny not to win this weekend, please let it be because the other teams were just better.

Don't let it be because we doomed ourselves by falling off the beam, stepping out of bounds, slipping off the bars, or taking extra steps on the vault.

And if you could find it in your heart to hand out a 10 or two or three.........

Please let those go our way too.

I'm not asking too much, am I?

No comments: