Friday, March 5, 2010

Full Moon was LAST Week....

I don't know if it's the spring-like weather or what, but our kids have been a little harder to manage than usual this week. First, when we took them on a field trip, some of them acted like it was their first time off the farm. Second, they have been sillier than usual, slapping and hitting at each other like they're in third grade.

Might I remind you that I teach high school? And mostly juniors and seniors? Well, at least the age juniors and seniors should be.

Third, they don't yet feel the pressure of time passing them by.

We had a little assembly today (we call it Morning Motivation), and we gave them the speech about needing to work seriously, seniors needing to graduate, 50 school days left, yada yada yada. A couple of them looked panic-stricken, but mostly they just looked like we might be talking to the people sitting next to them.

On a positive note, I had Hubby take me and my bicycle to school this morning, so riding it was the only way I could get home. How's THAT for incentive? It was only an 8.5 mile ride home, but I figure if I do that a couple of times a week, at least I can get SOME miles in. I'm not really helping the environment, since Hubby has to drive me over there, but what the hey.....

At least it's the weekend. And 50 school days left sounds pretty darn good about now.

Ten more Mondays.

Forty more days to decide what to wear. (Ten Fridays means ten blue jeans days.)

If I subtract the two personal days I already KNOW I'm going to take.....

Summer break will be here before we know it. I feel better already.

No comments: