- My friend Maggie is having a giveaway over on her blog, and I wannawin wannawin wannawin wannawin. Yellow, please, Maggie Mae!
- Having sisters means that in the event you all spend the night together, one of them is likely to have a spare toothbrush in her vehicle. And it was even still in the package! Thank you, Katydid!
- I have discovered that if I do some of the work associated with my second job during my downtime at my main job, I don't have nearly so much to do at home at night.
- I have ethics, they just don't always apply.
- I got that saying from a girl I used to work with, and I wound up Hating. Her. Guts.
- I am too old to stay up until midnight, even on a Friday night. I felt hungover all day Saturday, and I didn't have a single thing to drink. Maybe THAT was the problem.
- People who smack their food get on my very last nerve. They need to be introduced to my mother's wicked backhand. And she's NOT a tennis player.
- Weather people are predicting snow in Georgia again, this time about two counties north of us. I find myself saying, "They don't know EXACTLY where it's going to be," as if that will be enough to change the direction of the storm and bring enough snow to close schools. And we all know it doesn't take much here in Georgia.
- I think one of the smartest things I've ever done is assign a distinctive ringtone for all of my online students and their parents. I do NOT take their phone calls on the weekend.
- I don't know what it says about me that I set a distinctive ringtone for Hubby when he calls. And it's a dog barking.
- I am going to go postal in the grocery store the very next time a bagger stuffs one of my reusable grocery bags so freakin' full that there is no way in hell I can lift it, and then hands me back three ... count 'em, three ... empty bags.
- The scrapbooking table that I set up in the living room last weekend for Sisters' Saturday and never used is still sitting in the living room.
- I made my own fried pickles for dinner tonight. If they're good enough for an appetizer, they're good enough for a side dish. And they were awesome.
- I secretly wish I had kept my maiden name. But after I changed it the first two times I was married, there was no way I could tell Hubby that I wasn't taking his.
- I used to collect unicorns, and then I started collecting elephants. I'm sure Freud would have a field day with that.
- I've tried to tell Hubby that I'm losing part of my hearing and that he needs to be in the same room with me when he tells me something, preferably with me looking at him. If that doesn't work, I'm going to break down and tell him that the real problem is that he mumbles.
- If Hubby makes an error in his checkbook, I quietly correct it. If I make an error in his checkbook, he will come upstairs with checkbook, pen, AND calculator in hand, and point it out to me.
- Line dancing isn't just for country music anymore.
- One of our gymnasts' beam music is "I Run to You" by Lady Antebellum. Five meets out of seven, she has fallen off the beam, somewhere around the lyrics "...to a new disaster...." I'm thinking maybe a change of music is in order? Maybe something about flying? Or standing tall? Or just standing?
- I need a new profile picture on my blog. Perhaps I will have my (four) readers vote for the one I should use.
Monday, March 1, 2010
I just love being able to change the rules when I want to. Because I blogged about my epileptic cat yesterday, I didn't do my usual Sunday randomness. That means I can do Monday randomness, because it is, after all, my blog. All three of you will just have to play along.