Sunday, September 27, 2009

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream.....

That quote has almost nothing to do with this post, except that it has the word "dream" in it.

This is one of those risky posts, because if no one else out there has ever had this experience, I'm revealing myself as a freak.

Won't be the first time.

You know how you have those odd occasions when you're sleeping, and you're dreaming about peeing, and you wet the bed because you really DO start peeing in your sleep?

Oh come on, that's not the freaky part. I know everyone has done that at one point.

The last time I remember doing it I was about 15 years old. Mom and I were visiting my grandmother's house in Savannah, and we were sleeping together on a lumpy old pull-out sofa bed. How embarrassing. Mom woke me up in the middle of the night, screaming, "Wake up! You're wetting the bed!" She wasn't too happy about it, believe me. I'm sure Grandmother wasn't exactly thrilled either.

But every now and then, especially at school, I'll sit down on the toilet to pee, and I wonder, "What if this is just a dream? What if when I start peeing I am really asleep and I wet the bed? How embarrassing will that be?"

And sometimes, depending on the day I've had, it's worth the risk for that not to have been my day at all.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: