Saturday, September 5, 2009

Weekend Meme.........

Because I feel obligated to blog every day AND I'm trying to avoid writing about the fact that the Georgia Bulldogs lost their very first game of the season (a situation I was afraid of all week long), I have stolen a meme from Tense Teacher. I don't know if she knows I follow her or not, but I feel guilty that she has a tough job teaching and I have one that isn't quite so demanding. Oh good heavens, I just jinxed myself big time.


What are your most common nicknames?
In high school I was "Brillo" because of my steel-wool-resembling hair, and "Wiener" because of a silly thing we did with our first and last names.

What is today’s weather?
Overcast, 82 degrees.

Where did you go on vacation this year?
Dominican Republic.

What did you do there?
Other than drinking an entire bottle of champagne single-handedly, walked on the beach and sat by the pool.

Where did you stay?
A resort that will probably be beautiful when they finish with it.

What job do you do?
I teach in a nontraditional, alternative high school with 75 students. I also teach literature online part-time.

Describe where you live.
A town right smack in the middle between Atlanta and the city where I was born that is also home to the University of Georgia. Who lost their football game today. Oops...I wasn't going to talk about that.

What do you usually do on weekends?
Bicycle, kayak, walk, crochet, swim, catch up on laundry, avoid most other forms of housework.

What food hits your ‘bliss spot’?
Hmmmm..... hard to say. Whatever I'm eating at any particular time, I guess.

What drink really does it for you?
Since I've sworn off alcohol (has nothing to do with the champagne in Punta Cana and everything to do with vowing not to drink my calories), I don't really have any particular favorite. I prefer water with lemon most of the time. If I have a soft drink, it's a Diet Dr. Pepper or a Diet Sierra Mist.

Describe the first friend that comes to your head.
I have several friends (okay, two) who read this blog, and if I describe one and not the other, it might hurt someone's feelings. Actually, the first person who came to mind is a friend who dumped me a few years ago. My sisters are the best friends I have. Truly.

What was the last restaurant you went to?
On the Border.

Where would you like to live if you had unlimited moneys and nothing stopping your dreams?
Hawaii

What is the likeliness of your achieving this dream home?
About the same as me winning the lottery. Actually, they're connected.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
Isn't this kind of like the "what do you do on the weekend" question?

What’s your favorite genre for TV programs?
Anything with a ball in it.

What’s your favorite genre for music?
70's. And a little country, since I started line dancing.

What’s your favorite song that’s sad?
"Goodnight Saigon" by Billy Joel.

What’s your favorite soppy film?
I actually don't watch many films.

How about your favorite chick flick?
Same as above.

What are you looking forward to at the moment?
Getting our motorhome.

What are you dreading at the moment?
Cleaning up the kitchen.

How would you describe your personality?
Cheerful, upbeat, optimistic but sarcastic. Is that a personality trait?

If you had a personality eraser, what part of yours might you erase?
The part that makes me overeat. And the part that lets my blood pressure rise just because my team loses a football game. Oops.... I wasn't going to talk about that.

You are given $5000 to spend in 1 day, what do you do with it? Remember, no limitations!
Buy a new bicycle.

What is your biggest fear?
That my ex-husband will outlive me out of sheer spite, just because I still have life insurance on him. Oh, and I also fear that one of you will think that's a tacky thing to say.

No comments: