Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Feel So Violated.......

You know how, when someone's home is burglarized, or his or her car is broken into, the one thing you almost always hear is that they "feel violated"? I remember feeling that way when our house was broken into in a previous wifetime. The burglars shattered our sliding glass doors, and there was glass all the way to the front of the house. I had a laundry basket of clothes that needed to be folded sitting in the dining room, and I was so pissed that the criminals had seen my unfolded laundry!

I was all set up to be the victim of an internet scam today, and I feel the same way. Violated. Stupid even. I'm not going to go into the details, because I'm too embarrassed that I almost fell for it. Hubby tried to tell me it sounded like a scam, but when I showed him the "documentation," even HE said, "Do it! It sounds legitimate." I had already emailed the scammer to go ahead and put the wheels in motion, because I didn't want such a good deal to get away. Thankfully no payment information had been exchanged.

In the words of Clark Howard, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Damn these people. There's not a place in Hell hot enough for them.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I'm soooooo glad that you "stopped" before it became a disaster. i've had one of those before too, and I hate feeling stupid.

(And I totally get the burglars seeing your unfolded laundry. i'd be mortified over my dust!)