Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blogger's Block......

I hate it when I think of a great topic for a blog entry while I'm driving home. If my Crackberry were working, I would whip it out and attempt to type enough into a note (at a stop sign, of course) to remind me what the awesome topic was. But since it isn't (working, that is), I have to rely on my very poor memory.

I had one of those thoughts today. I was almost home, and I thought, "Oh, I'll blog about that tonight. No need to jot it down (at this stop sign, of course), because I'm sure I will remember it."

But maybe I won't.

I have CRS disease these days.

And it was a deep topic, one of those serious ones. Perhaps it will come back to me sometime before the Super Bowl.

Today we got our first paychecks after the cuts for "furlough" days. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was afraid it was going to be, but it's bad enough. I'm already in the cutting back mode, though. I went by the cell phone store yesterday because my Crackberry has started turning itself off indiscriminately. I fully intended to walk out of there with a new phone, but the salesman said he would have them send me a new battery. For no charge, even though I'm past the warranty period. It's not like me to turn down the opportunity to buy something new. Especially something I don't need.

So on the same day, we bought a motorhome. I'm making a list of things we "need" for the motorhome. Never mind that it will probably be March before we are able to go anywhere, even for a weekend.

Today was my mother-in-law's 80th birthday. She's beginning to look frail. And old. I told her I hope she has 80 more birthdays, and she looked a little horrified at the prospect.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm only going to repeat this once: I hate blackberry, the phone. The fruit I do enjoy.

And i do the same thing with CRS and blog topics. Drat!

KatyDid53 said...

On the other hand, the iPhone has a neat little voice recorder built in. I'm just sayin'.

The girl said...

Kay is right you know they do have that on there. Just press and record, so that way you can't forget what you wanted to wright about.