Thursday, August 21, 2008

Stupid stuff I thought when I was a kid.....

I thought the door on the ladies' bathroom door was pronounced (and meant): Whoa-Men. It made a hell of a lot more sense than a word spelled w-o-m-e-n being pronounced wimmin.

My sister got married when I was only 6. I kept hearing people talking about a honeymoon, and I didn't know what that was. (Probably a good thing.) So I thought they were actually going TO THE MOON, and I would never see them again. I became hysterical at the reception. People probably thought I was just being a brat. The chances were excellent.

Speaking of my sister's wedding, my parents had just divorced when she got married. I remember being afraid that they were going to get into a fight in the church, right there in front of the preacher and everybody. I didn't know you could actually put hostilities on hold for an occasion like that.

I thought ants were just like us, only really tiny. I thought if we could get down on their level, we would see them driving little bitty cars and sitting down to dinner at little bitty dining room tables.

I thought we really did trade cars every time the ashtrays got full, because that's what I heard my father tell someone.

To be continued.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just looked at all the pictures on your slideshow and, wow! You might just be the most adventurous person I know. I seriously need to get out of the house!