Sunday, August 3, 2008

7 Things about Me...

I was "tagged" to tell 7 things about myself and then tag 7 other people. Not only do I not have 7 bloggers to tag, I don't really like to do that. For the same reason that I don't forward emails to 10 friends in 10 minutes and expect a miracle or something.

So, while I don't mind telling something (everything? isn't that why we blog?) about myself, I'll leave it up to those who read my posts whether or not to reveal 7 things about themselves. If you do, just leave me a comment, and I'll jump over to read yours.

Here goes:

  1. I actually like the fat part of a steak. It may be because when I was young (and chunky, before kids were actually overweight), my brother told me that eating the fat would make you skinny.
  2. I have been known to watch entire replays of sporting events that I attended in person. Multiple times.
  3. I have never seen Miracle on 30-whatever Street, It's a Wonderful Life, or Willa Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (neither the old one nor the new one).
  4. I was a true "accident," a post-vasectomy child. And while I don't obsess over it, I manage to work it into WAY too many conversations.
  5. I was once a skydiver, and I would return to it in a heartbeat, but I wasn't very good at it. When my daughter turned 10, I decided that if I had jumped badly 66 times and lived to talk about it, it was time to take up something else. Now I ride a motorcycle.
  6. I teach high school English, but I do algebra for fun in my spare time. I would love to be a math teacher.
  7. I quit smoking almost 16 years ago. And I still dream about it. Not about wanting to smoke, but about actually smoking and thinking in my dream that I have blown the entire last 16 years.
Those may not be the most interesting 7 things about me, but they are the ones I'm willing to share right now. :)

2 comments:

MJ said...

You are WAY Funny! Thanks for participating in my giveaway. I, too love the fat part of the steak because when I was a kid, my mom would save it for my dad and it seemed like a treat! I'm doing motorcycle training this week, but got the chance to jump out of a plane and passed it up. Not crazy about long drops!

Badger said...

Fun Blog - Great Read! Am I wrong, or does that paddling photo look JUST LIKE the lake at Ft.Yargo???

Hmmm...
1. I must be the "other" perfect man, because I love cycling (made a living at it as a Pro cyclist) but I still consider my wife and family way more important than riding, among other things. (and the fact that she tells me I'm the perfect husband, and she is ALWAYS right).
2. Kids are the best thing in the world, but they're also good at making you feel OLD!
3. I've never jumped out of an airplane, but I have descended a mountain on a road racing bike and gone over 70mph!
4. Steak, mmmmmmmm! Charcoal grill ONLY, rare!
5. Jimmy Stewart is MANIC - don't watch Miracle if you want to stay sane!!!!
6. Teachers rock. Period. Lots of folks make a lot more money and don't do a d**m thing to change the world.
7. You're only as old as you act. I'm still a teenager most of the time.