Friday, August 8, 2008

Grandparents........Sort of


Meet our new granddog. Sweet Girl and I ventured out to a nearby puppy store today "just to look." Yeah right. Just like every time hubby and I have gone "just to look" at new cars, we have come home with one. This adorable little girl was one of the first puppies we saw. Her name is Daisy, and she's precious. It's such a bittersweet event, having my Sweet Girl become the parent to a pet. I'm having to bite my tongue (sometimes not very successfully) to keep from telling her everything I think she should do regarding this tiny little creature.

The best part of having a granddog is, just like grandchildren, I can drive away day after tomorrow and I don't have to clean up poop or pee, I don't have to worry about her chewing everything in my house, and I don't have to listen to her crying at night or when we leave the house. Sweet Girl will have 30 days of leave coming up after next week, so she'll have plenty of time to spend with her.

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

awwwwwww! Sweet girl is the PERFECT name for her. What a little cutie pie!!