Monday, August 25, 2008

My LP Collection......

I don't know why I hold onto all of my old LPs. (Those really big CDs, as the children of one of my bestest friends calls them.) Most of them date to the 70s; there might be a few from the 80s. I gave away the stereo that played LPs, so I'm even further confused as to why I still have these "records." (Remember when we called them that?)

Here is a list of the albums in the table next to my recliner, arranged (of course) alphabetically.

Except for the ones at the beginning, which are soundtracks from:
  • The Main Event
  • The Rose
  • Ain't Misbehavin'
  • Saturday Night Fever
  • Rocky (before there were 12 of them)
  • American Gigolo
  • Annie
  • Porgy and Bess
  • One on One (does anybody even REMEMBER that movie?)
I'm not going to list individual LPs, just the artist(s), with the number of LPs by the same person or group in parentheses.

  • Abba (can't do that backward "B" thing on the computer)
  • Air Supply (2)
  • Alabama
  • Atlanta Rhythm Section
  • Joan Baez
  • The Beach Boys
  • Bread
  • Jimmy Buffett
  • Christopher Cross
  • David Allan Coe (oh please just shoot me now)
  • Eric Clapton (2)
  • Eric Carmen (I must have been confused about the name)
  • Captain and Tennille
  • The Charlie Daniels Band (two of the same freakin' album...what's up with THAT?)
  • Neil Diamond (2--Wanda, please tell Maxwell!)
  • Sheena Easton
  • The Eagles (4)
  • Peter Frampton
  • Foreigner
  • Dan Fogelberg
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Electric Light Orchestra (2)
  • Merle Haggard (not really sure that one's mine....it was mixed in with Kris Kristofferson, and I know I wouldn't have mixed up the alphabetical order thing...)
  • Waylon Jennings (also out of order)
  • Billy Joel (8--can that possibly be ALL?)
  • Elton John
  • Kris Kristofferson (8--God help us)
  • Gordon Lightfoot
  • Little River Band (2--oh how I had a crush on....what's his name....one of them)
  • Barry Manilow (7)
  • Mother's Finest
  • Willie Nelson (4)
  • Olivia Newton-John
  • The Oak Ridge Boys
  • Poco (Poco? Who the hell is POCO?)
  • Gerry Rafferty
  • Helen Reddy
  • Kenny Rogers (7)
  • Linda Ronstadt (4)
  • Diana Ross (out of order)
  • Seals and Croft
  • Bob Segar
  • Paul Simon (5)
  • The Statler Brothers
  • Barbra Streisand
  • Donna Summer
  • Supertramp
  • James Taylor (2)
Three Christmas albums:
  • Bing Crosby
  • Engelbert Humperdinck
  • Perry Como
And some random things, some of which I can't even begin to explain:

  • 20 No. 1 Hits from 20 Years of Motown
  • Jacki Sorensen presents Aerobic Dance (on a RECORD PLAYER? are you KIDDING ME?)
  • The Year in Music's Greatest Hits (have no idea which year, but it's got the brothers Gibb all over it)
  • The University of Georgia Women's Glee Club performing at the American Choral Directors Southern Division Convention in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1980. I almost passed out during the concert (from bad shrimp, not bad beer. Wait...I didn't even DRINK beer back then... I felt like if I could just take my shoes off, I wouldn't pass out. The alto next to me told me she'd kill me if I took my shoes off. Being short and on the front row and all....)
  • The Georgia All-State Mixed Chorus in 1977, with my picture on the front AND back covers
I'm still trying to get over that Poco thing......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE AIR SUPPLY!!!!!! Sadly, hubby does not. I only get to listen to them when I'm riding in the car solo.

Ann(ie) said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE abba, billy joel. I think I love the whole list. *sigh* takes me back!!

Cheri Pryor said...

Your music list looks similar to my own.

Thanks for coming to visit my blog the other day...and your prize for doing that....I just tagged you over there. =)

Welcome to "random poster" day.

Momma Bear said...

The thing that drives me insane.. I bought the records.. then, the 8-tracks, onto the cassettes.. and now.. durn it.. the cd's. And, the record companies are suing folks for downloading??? WHAT???

Elton John's 'Captain Fantastic' album.. I have to have it! lol.

Meatloaf.. the original 'Bat out of Hell' album! I'll never forget the day I found out he was a guy.. for the longest time.. I thought it was a woman singing!

Pink Floyd.. 'The WALL'!! Yea.. we still rock out!!