Sunday, August 17, 2008

Motorcycling and Shopping

It's a wonderful thing when I can combine a motorcycle ride with a shopping trip. Riding the motorcycle to the outlet malls is a great self-discipline tool. There's only so much I can buy, because there's only so much a bungee cord will hold on the back of a motorcycle. Of course, taking hubby to the outlet malls wasn't such a brilliant idea.

Hubby: What did you say you were shopping for?

Me: Plum colored pants, olive green pants, off-white pants, white shirt.

Hubby (watching me look at a billion different tops): Didn't you say you were looking for pants?

I managed to buy one blouse, all the while muttering to myself, "I'm coming back up here by myself.......or with another woman."

I couldn't help it if olive green slacks and plum colored slacks were not to be had. But come on...off white? What's up with THAT?

Still, an afternoon on the bikes was worth the trip. We meandered through the countryside (I really like meandering, almost as much as I like the word). I feel so much more confident on the bike now. I don't always keep up with him, but I don't freak out if he makes a right-hand turn. If only he would use his turn signals every now and then to let me know which way we're going, if for no other reason than I would like to inform the folks behind us. Can't have it all, I guess. At least he went with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were that kind of biker chick!!! I'm learning more and more about you everyday...