Thursday, October 29, 2009

Too Pooped to Blog.....

Tonight was the annual chili cook-off in our town, and our little school fielded a team again this year. We tied for second place . . . . for presentation. That's hilarious, since I spent more on the decorations than I did on the chili ingredients. (And turned in both receipts for reimbursement, and I'll just hold my breath that they both slide by with approval.)

Last year I had only one student to help, and at the last minute she couldn't actually PREPARE the chili. So guess who had to do it?

This year I had a team of students volunteer, and one of them who wants to be a chef when she grows up volunteered to make the chili.

If we do this again next year, I think I will make it again. Nuff said.

The winning in our household continues. Before he left the chili cook-off, Hubby gave me his door-prize ticket, and of course it won. A jar of cookies, which he wouldn't be allowed to have anyway. He sampled chili from enough booths to count as his dinner, which was the only way he was going to GET any dinner.

I don't know when I've looked forward to a weekend like I am this one. Nothing planned, and that's just the way I like it.

Tomorrow afternoon can't get here soon enough.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Not such a yummy chili eh? But at least you won something for presentation and COOKIES!

Since you're in education, was your theme: "No chili left behind"? ;)

You can ship the cookies up north... :)