Sunday, October 18, 2009

Because CLEARLY This is Where the Budget Deficit Lies.....

We received this email message from our boss last week. It came from a meeting of all the principals in the county, presumably originating with the superintendent of schools:

If you are using a lamp in your classroom, please make sure it has an incandescent bulb. Otherwise, you are using more energy than the overhead lights use. Thanks.


Are you kidding me? Do they not have ANYTHING else to do? I know the county is short on money, but puhlease! This is NOT where the money went.

For the record, I do NOT have a lamp in my room. And I only turn on HALF of my overhead lights when I go in every morning.

I've been searching for another email we received about staff members' SHOES. I'll have to retrieve it at school tomorrow and share it tomorrow night. I can't find it from here, and you really have to read the original to get the full effect. It will make you scratch your head, much as I did upon receiving it, asking, "Huh?"

I've wondered what they did in all those meetings. For some reason, I thought they were discussing policy and procedure, or maybe even EDUCATING THE YOUNG PEOPLE IN OUR COUNTY.

Silly me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll make sure to check on the light situation when I go for Mia's conference this afternoon. hehe...

Maggie said...

No wonder education administrations seem to always be left in the dark about most everything...