Saturday, October 31, 2009

It Didn't Work...... And I'm Not Really Surprised.....

I'm not sure God cares about housework OR football, but I wasn't going to take any chances.

So this morning, I tried to bargain with Him/Her.

In exchange for a win over the hated Florida Gators, I:

  • swept
  • mopped
  • vacuumed
  • did laundry
  • washed dishes
  • accompanied Hubby on errands for the motorhome (I'll have to go back without him so I can actually buy stuff)
  • crocheted a Christmas ornament
  • crocheted another hexagon for my next afghan
  • was nice to the little bastards trick-or-treaters who showed up just as UGA scored a touchdown
Once again, my horoscope has lied. In today's newspaper, it said:

"Even with all the negative thinkers in the world [ahem, Hubby, I think they're talking about YOU], a positive outlook will help realize a big hope of yours. Don't let the contrarians keep you from your appointed destiny."

I thought my appointed destiny was for UGA to win today.

On a positive note, I could have paid $500 and driven 6 hours to watch the debacle. I'm feeling better already.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

There's always a silver lining- now you have $500 more to spend on the motorhome.