Saturday, June 9, 2012

NashBash 2012.....

Today was our family reunion, referred to by one and all as the Nash Bash. It was another day filled with fun activities with family (and dogs), and I hope to upload pictures later. (I seem to be saying that a lot lately.) Here's a sampling of what I did:

  • Got up at 5:17.
  • Took a gazillion pictures of the sun rising over the marsh.
  • Had two leisurely cups of coffee.
  • Took a ride on the tandem with Katydid. It was only 13.42 miles, but it was flat, and it was nice to be back on the tandem.
  • Had breakfast with assorted cousins, aunts, uncle, great-niece, daughter, sisters, mother, nephew, great-nephew, and a host of in-laws.
  • Showered and dressed in our matching reunion t-shirts. Oh yes we do.
  • Hung around on the back porch with family.
  • Chased/walked/held dogs.
  • Took family photos before lunch. (I hope they turn out good I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope.)
  • Ate lunch.
  • Visited with assorted relatives.
  • Chased/walked/held dogs again.
  • Attended the family auction, where we raised over $3500 for next year's NashBash.
  • Texted back and forth with Hubby, who is playing in a golf tournament in North Carolina.
  • Checked in on Facebook to follow my BRAG buddies who were finishing up the ride today.
  • Followed scoring of the Braves game on my phone.
  • Did NOT take a much-needed nap.
  • Went and looked at the cottage I almost bought last year. Someone convinced my mother it is a good investment, and now she's telling my cousin to talk ME into buying it if she puts up the down payment. (Puts down the down payment? Puts across the down payment? Which is the correct preposition?)
  • Went kayaking. Didn't see any dolphins again.
  • Ate leftovers for dinner.
  • Visited with more cousins and sisters.
  • Showered AGAIN.
  • Loaded the car.
  • Uploaded ride data from GPS into online cycling log. I don't care if it was only 13.42 miles, it counts.
Now it's past my bedtime for approximately the four hundredth night in a row. This retirement life is killing me. Ha ha ha. Hubby texted me earlier today to remind me that I don't have to get up Monday morning. What a relief.

No comments: