Friday, March 2, 2012

Favorite Things Friday....A WIN!!!!!......

I apologize for the second consecutive short post, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime. I had planned to write something with a little more substance and not resort to posting yet another gymnastics-related bit of drivel, but you know how plans go...

We had a huge win tonight in our next-to-last home meet of the season. (WHERE has this season gone?) We had several career highs, a couple of season highs (I think), and we knocked off the #3 team in the nation. (We are currently ranked #4, so it's not like it was a HUGE upset, and we were the home team. That means a lot in college gymnastics. But still, it was a win. And a win is a win. I just like typing "win.") We beat the same team that put up a ginormous score of 198 last weekend, though, so psychologically it feels good.

(Forgive me for saying "we." It's a terrible habit. Just to be clear, I didn't perform a single vault, I couldn't reach the uneven bars if my life depended upon it, I could probably get ON the balance beam but would only stay for a very brief moment, and floor....well, I just can't tumble. But I can't break the habit of saying "we.")

And I lost my voice. At a gymnastics meet.

I really need to get a life.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I appreciate your passion for the sport!