Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Dids Versus the Didn'ts......

I have to thank my blogging pal Maggie for inspiring me to write tonight's post. It was one of those "I don't know what to write about" nights, but after reading her blog, I was inspired.

Don't get your hopes up...inspiration only goes so far. And it wasn't that big a day. Because my plans got changed for me, it was easy to concentrate on what I DIDN'T get done today. Thanks to Maggie's post, however, I decided to focus on what I DID manage to accomplish.

Our plans for today got changed due to the weather. I was scheduled to ride in a **FREE** bicycle ride down near the same town where Rozmo and I rode almost two weeks ago. Because it's Saturday, Hubby was scheduled to... play golf. It's Saturday, after all.

We had some stormy weather in our parts last night, though, and the rain continued this morning. Not only was the weather too bad this morning for me to ride, the golf course was CLOSED.

It's one thing for my plans to be changed. But I didn't count on Hubby being underfoot all day. Don't get me wrong ... I love my Hubby to death. But sometimes I need some "me" time on the weekends, you know what I mean?

I didn't make the weekly trip to the grocery store, but I wasn't slovenly either. I swept, I mopped, I vacuumed, I washed dishes, I did laundry. I also squeezed in some time to read (more on that in a minute) and play "Angry Birds" on the iPad, a game that is evil and addictive.

I haven't yet finished the crochet project I alluded to in a blog post sometime last week. I'm doing the border, which should be an incentive to get the dang thing finished, but the border is the least fun part of the whole project, and I'm stalling. My goal is to finish it tomorrow, though.

I am currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo. When Hubby and I went out to eat one night last week, the restaurant's weekly trivia game started before we were finished. There was a question asking who was the love interest of the Count of Monte Cristo, and I didn't know the answer. (It was Mercedes, and since I had two students named Mercedes last year, that made me want to read the book.) One of my reading goals is to read more of the "classics" that I have somehow neglected to read in spite of being an avid reader most of my life, a literature major in college, and a literature teacher for the past 26 years.

Because tomorrow is Hubby's daughter's birthday, we took her and her boyfriend out to dinner. And the Sullen Teenager and her boy friend (but not boyfriend). It was nice to come home to a (mostly) clean house and clean laundry. 

Hoping for better weather tomorrow. I've got some more "Dids" to get done.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm reading some classics I missed too. Amazing that books that looked boring as hell 20 years ago are now fascinating.