Thursday, December 8, 2011

Weekend Plans.....

I have a busy weekend ahead, but busy in a good way.

Sweet Girl is coming home again. I know, right? She doesn't come home for a year or more at a time, and here she is just two weeks later. She wants to go to the memorial service for Larry Munson, the voice of the Georgia Bulldogs for over 40 years. That will also include the requisite visit to the Varsity, home of the frosted orange and the world's greasiest chili dogs and french fries. We may also make a trip to the UGA Bookstore (always a dangerous proposition) and run by Michael's for more cake pop supplies.

Tomorrow night (Sweet Girl doesn't know this yet - surprise!) we are going to a high school basketball game. One of my students is one of the leading scorers, and I promised her I would come to a game this season. She made a buzzer-beating 3-point shot this past Tuesday night. These plans are completely contingent upon my NOT throttling her in class tomorrow, if her behavior on Tuesday is any indication of a typical game day. I finally emailed her coach and asked if she could just STAY HOME the next time she has a game.

Sunday afternoon I plan to attend a baby shower for sweet Baby Luke, who now weighs in at a whopping four pounds and will likely come home long before his original due date of January 4th. Having him home before Christmas would probably be the best gift his sweet parents could ever wish for.

Too cold for cycling anyway. I'm going into withdrawal because it's been 11 days since I've been on my bike. 


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good to hear how well Baby Luke is doing.