Friday, December 16, 2011

Favorite Things Friday - Hot Toddy.....

It's more than a little ironic that I chose this topic for tonight's blog post. A hot toddy is a wonderful drink when the weather is cold and blustery and there's snow on the ground and you have a roaring fire going and you just want to curl up in front of the television and watch old movies or gymnastics meets. Oh yeah, or football.

When I got in my car to leave school today (thank you merciful gods and goddesses in heaven), it was 74 degrees.

I love living in the South.

Anyway, back to my favorite hot toddy...

Hot apple cider. With a shot of ... wait for it ... butterscotch Schnapps in it.

We had the packets of instant hot apple cider at a school function, and I read a serving suggestion on the back of the box. They must have known I was a high school teacher when they suggested putting alcohol in my apple cider.

While I drink the apple cider at school frequently, I have NOT stooped to using the butterscotch Schnapps. At school. Yet.

I'm not even going to apologize for the fact that it's INSTANT apple cider. The brand that we buy also comes in a sugar free version, which I'm pretty sure makes up for all the calories in the Schnapps. Pretty sure. Damn sure.

If you want to be really festive or formal or hoity-toity, you can put whipped cream on top and drizzle it with caramel syrup. That's what I did last year during the siege that was the blizzard of 2011. The REAL one, not this one.

Seriously, this hot drink has an uncanny ability to improve my mood mightily, even if it wasn't bad to begin with. And there's not THAT much Schnapps in it.

Who even knew they made butterscotch Schnapps?

P.S. Sorry no picture. It's too damn hot for hot apple cider, and I certainly didn't want to waste it. 

No comments: