Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Randomness.......

  • It is the last week in October, and the temperatures here are in the 80's. Seriously, it's almost 8:30 PM, five days before Halloween (my least favorite "holiday" of them all), and it's 79 degrees. The air conditioner is still running.
  • Hubby texted me from the golf course today to inform me that I hung his shirt up inside out, he didn't notice it until he was on hole #6, and that must be the reason he was hitting the ball so badly. Oh, the life of a retiree.
  • Season 11 of Dancing with the Stars is halfway over. Usually at this point in the season I don't want anyone to have to be booted off, but this season I'm not feeling it. In fact, I kind of wish they could ALL go. Bristol? Jennifer Gray(ey)? Rick Fox? Kurt Warner? Brandy? (Isn't having no last name sort of.... passe? So twentieth century?) Audrina? Kyle? Seriously? If I HAD to pick a favorite, it would be Kyle. First of all, he's dancing with Lacey, who is the rebel of the ballroom and one of my favorite pro dancers. Second of all, Kyle is proof that a young, short, round, African-American can bust some moves in the ballroom.
  • I feel the same way about our candidates for governor. I wish they could both lose and someone who hasn't used negative television ads could step in.
  • I'm having a little trouble getting motivated to stay on top of my online teaching job. I still haven't graded everything from last week. I'm anticipating a lot of high grades for turning stuff in. Just a feeling I have.
  • I am about 30% of the way through my online book club's selection for September. I was about 15% into it before I realized it was nonfiction. The perils of reading a book on the Kindle - there's no back cover to read.
  • I'm glad I was the one who chose the book for October, so I won't be TWO months behind.
  • I don't mind packing my own lunch for school, but for some reason it irritates the crap out of me that I have to take my own ice.
  • People keep asking me if I'm "really" going to retire after next school year. And I keep saying, "Uh.....HELL YES!" I wonder if there will come a time when I wonder if it's the right thing to do? And if someone will slap my face and bring me back to reality if I start to doubt?
  • This week Georgia plays Florida in football. It's possibly the biggest game of the season. Every. Year. And it's the first time since 1979 that neither team is ranked in the top 25. I find that amazing.
  • We had Performance Reviews with two students today because their performance needs a lot more than reviewing. It needs complete makeovers. I get more reaction when I talk to Gus about the economy.
  • I don't get paid until Friday, and I still have money in my account. I have this (maybe irrational but probably completely justifiable) fear that I have forgotten to pay something major.
  • I know we desperately need this rain......but COME ON! I have a NEW BIKE!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I have Oct. read already! But I'm still working on July's book.

I'm sick of the hot weather myself. But i think you should have some so you can ride your new bike!!!