Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Spontaneous Hubby.....

Who says he can't be spontaneous? And flexible?

No, I'm not talking about THAT. Get your minds out of the gutter.

We were supposed to leave in the wee hours tomorrow morning for a motorhome trip to Florida. Yesterday, however, Hubby decided we should break the 6-hour trip up into two days, so we left this afternoon after he got home from golf. The downside to that was that I had to drive, since golf=beer. No wait.....that's not a downside at all, since I hate his driving. And driving the motorhome isn't scary at all anymore.

I looked online and found us a campground about halfway to our destination. I felt so smart and smug.........until we got to the campground and found it closed down forever. Shouldn't people take their websites down when their businesses tank? I'm just sayin'......

I punched "state park" into the GPS, though, and it took us to an adorable little state park that was right on the highway we were already on. Yay! I backed the motorhome in just like a pro (a pro who was completely dependent upon the bald-headed guy waving directions at me). Now it will be just a short jaunt to the beach tomorrow morning, and we won't spend our first day completely wiped out by the long drive.

I wanted to post some pictures of the Spanish moss for tonight's blog, but Hubby fixed me a Bloody Mary.....so there you have it. In fact, I just had to type the word "tonight" three times. And that's just one Bloody Mary.

I'll just go ahead and prepare you..... The next few blog posts will be of the "what I did on my summer vacation by Bragger" variety.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm liking Bloody Mary Bragger!

The girl said...

I can't believe you're halfway here and didn't tell me!!! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!