Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Black Eye....

The UGA athletic department has suffered another blight on its reputation with the arrest of our athletic director for DUI. He was in the company of a young woman who is NOT HIS WIFE, and her red panties were between the AD's legs.

Huh?

"I was holding them for her and trying to get her home."

I'll just bet you were.

This is the guy who appeared on the giant video screen at every home game warning fans not to drink and drive. "If you drink and drive, you lose," he said.

Truer words were never spoken.

He was minutes away ... MINUTES AWAY ... from acquiring a huge bonus to his already huge salary, somewhere in the neighborhood of half a million dollars.

Is there some law of nature that says the more money you have, the stupider you get?

If you make half a million dollars in salary, not to mention endorsements and I-don't-know-what-all, can't you afford to PAY someone to drive you and your ... "friend" ... to and from Atlanta bars?

If she really is just a "friend," perhaps even your WIFE might drive her home.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

The young lady would have been fine, except that she refused the officer's instructions to stay in the car, and she said something along the lines that this whole thing would be erased because he was the athletic director at UGA. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Ain't nothing worse than a drunk woman.

I think he's been a good athletic director, but I don't see how they can avoid firing him. I hate to see someone's career come to an end because of a mistake, but COME ON! What kind of message will it send to the entire student body, let alone the student athletes, if he's allowed to keep his job?

Got stupidity?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your take on this story!!

And, I love the new blog look!

xoxo