Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Brain is Mush.....

Tonight is one of those nights when I can't seem to string together two coherent thoughts. Sometimes during the school year I have the excuse of what I call "brain overload," when I'm so busy that I can't corral my thoughts.

Tonight is NOT one of those nights.

I haven't done a single useful thing all day. Well, let me rephrase that. I haven't exactly been a whirling dervish of activity today. We had breakfast out, went by the golf outlet in town (I bought a 100% silk blouse for $5), and then Hubby got ready to go play golf. By the time he was out of the house and I could settle in to watch Wimbledon, I got a news flash on my cell phone that Serena had won. So much for watching.

I washed the sheets on our bed, and that is the only productive thing I can point to today. And really, how much time does that take? Five minutes to strip the bed and take the sheets down to the laundry room in the basement, two minutes to switch them from the washer to the dryer, two minutes to go back and get them, five minutes to remake the bed.

That's all I can document from my whole day.

I have read, floated in the pool, played a bajillion games of Mario, watched a baseball game, read some more, read some blogs, talked to my Sweet Girl, and eaten chips, dip, and pizza.

Maybe I'll be more productive tomorrow. I may even sound slightly more intelligent. But don't count on it. It's summer, after all.

And the freaks relatives from Hubby's side of the family are coming over tomorrow for a torture session pool party.

No comments: