Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nobody Else Would Have Even Thought of It.....





I'm spending the night at Nurse Jane's house because it is only about 20 minutes from the location of my 2-day workshop/convention/conference/"learning symposium". Give me a break.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the irony of me having to leave my home for two full days AND spend a night away from home for a conference for my ONLINE JOB?

I am very grateful for Nurse Jane's hospitality.

It's touches like these that make me wish I could be her when I grow up:



If you've ever been on a cruise, you know the stateroom attendants create animals out of towels and leave them on the bed in your stateroom every night.

I went on the same cruise that Nurse Jane did week before last, but do you think it would have EVER crossed my mind to make an animal out of a towel and leave it on her bed if she were spending the night with me?

To go online and find the directions for making such an animal and then go to the trouble to create it?

To make an elephant just because she knew it was my favorite animal in the world? (All you Freudians, pipe down out there.)

To leave a mint on the TURNED-DOWN bed?

It was enough just to have a place to spend the night.

Laughing so hard I almost wet my pants was just an added benefit.

Thank you, Nurse Jane!

1 comment:

Evil Pixie said...

How sweet is Nurse Jane?!?!?! Love the towel elephant. That's totally clever.