Saturday, June 26, 2010

Favoritism.....

I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but I have favorite cousins. And then I have those who are way down the list of favorites.

This weekend at our family reunion I have been able to spend some time with some of my favorites. One of my most favorites didn't come all the way from Wisconsin this year, and for that I am sad. But we've had a good time, laughing and eating. Mostly eating.

Unfortunately, I've also had to spend some time with those who are NOT my favorites. Some are not my favorites because they bore me to tears. Some are not my favorites because they are critical. Some just plain get on my nerves by being on this earth.

But it's worth it once a year to get together, mostly because I get to spend time with my two sisters. And having Sweet Girl AND Hubby here this year made it even better. Well, Hubby may disagree with that. He may say this is the most time alone he's had all year. But we'll be home tomorrow in time for him to play golf, so he can't complain too much.

I apologize for the "what I did today" blog topic. It's time for bed, and I still have to pack to leave tomorrow morning. At first light.

Because that's the way Hubby rolls.

No comments: