Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Impatience is Not a Virtue......

While my daughter would probably argue with me, I think I have made tremendous strides in the area of patience in my adult life. If a driver cuts me off or pulls out in front of me, I pretend he has a sick baby in the car that he's taking to the hospital. I try not to let little things make me fly off the handle. The other day I bent my pinkie nail all the way back, breaking it way down below the quick (?), and all I said was "Bad word! BAD WORD!!!!"

Where I could use some additional improvement, however, is with the internet. I realize that a mere 15 years ago all I had was a slow dial-up service and Prodigy, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I remember my friend trying to explain the wonders of email to me. I asked her, "But what if I'm not ON the computer when you send me a message?"

Now, however, I want things to HAPPEN. RIGHT. NOW.

When I logged on to start this blog, for example, the page took a long time to load. I didn't know if it was A) my computer; B) our internet service; C) the internet in general; or D) Blogger, so I restarted my computer.

That takes a while, so I went to eat some ice cream. At great personal sacrifice.

Then I logged on again, and the little wheel was still spinning very slowly. Maddeningly slowly.

So what did I do?

I clicked on AN ADDITIONAL tab, thinking maybe the Atlanta Braves website would load more quickly. It didn't, so what did I do?

I clicked on AN ADDITIONAL tab, thinking maybe the BRAG message board would load and I could start browsing the many complaints that would have been left in the three days since BRAG ended. (So far I haven't found any.)

Because apparently it isn't enough for the little wheel to spin slowly.

I'm happiest when THREE little wheels are spinning slowly.

Working on my impatience,



Bragger

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Breath in and out... and I'm impressed with uttering "bad word bad word bad word". Very impressed.

Evil Pixie said...

Hahahaha! You soooo sounds like me.