Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peer Pressure.....

Well, I'm back on Facebook.

There's probably only one person in the world I would have reactivated my account for. Well, two....but one of them is Billy Joel, and that's a long shot an impossibility.

My friend Amanda emailed me today and asked, "Where are you? Jason is looking for you on FB."

Jason was my BFF from high school, the one who was there when I missed Homecoming my senior year, when I was in the wrong place at definitely the wrong time, and when I could have been deemed forever an irresponsible baby-sitter. We were also partners in crime when we could have sent his great-grandmother into apoplexy.

My sisters always hoped we would grow up, fall in love, and get married. But things don't always work out that way, and he was much more fun as a BFF anyway.

I could write an entire blog about some of our escapades from high school and beyond.

Like the time we went to see the FIRST Friday the 13th movie. It scared the bejeezus out of me, and afterward we went to O'Malley's, a popular bar overlooking the river. I was telling someone about the movie while Jason was inside. Unbeknownst to me, he came up behind me as I was telling the story, not knowing what I was talking about, and he put his hands around my throat. Keep in mind that his name IS Jason. I almost jumped in the freakin' river.

When my step-father died, Jason sat with the family. He WAS family.

We've lost touch over the years. I guess we are both at the age, however, where we reach out to reconnect with people from our younger years.

I can't think of anyone else from high school that would have prompted me to reactivate my FB account.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

well, drat. I thought I had at least one soul sister in the anti Facebook world! But it sure sounds like you have a dang great reason to get back on the wagon!

And I love Jason stories. More please!