Friday, December 11, 2009

Crazy Dream #7.....

This is one of those dreams that when I woke up, I went through the sequence of events in my head to make sure I remembered it.

It was just bizarre.

It involved one of these:



He was there:


And some of these were there too:


There was a lot of this:


And conspicuously absent was one of these:


I went on a cruise, and I took a group of students. What was I thinking, even in a dream? Gus was also along on the cruise, which just proves that I was out of my mind.

Immediately after embarking, I locked myself out of my stateroom. That's not too far outside the realm of possibility; it sounds just like something I would do.

I went to call a steward-type person, and she asked if I were on Level 1 or Level 2. Huh? I had no clue where my room was. Again, that isn't too far outside the realm of possibility. I probably couldn't stand in the middle of the ship and point forward. I have zero sense of direction.

The exasperated steward-type person told me to follow her, and we were walking along the OUTSIDE of the ship. Then the ship came to an intersection with a road, and there were cars waiting to cross, so the ship had to go UNDERWATER. A submarine cruise ship? When it submerged, naturally I was washed off the side of the ship. I was swimming furiously, trying to catch up with the ship. The steward-type person was yelling at me from the ship, "You DID bring your clay kit to build a raft, didn't you? Build a raft! Where's your clay kit?????"

In a different chapter of the dream (perhaps BEFORE I got washed overboard?), I was going to sun myself on one of the decks. Students were all over the ship, and I had no clue where anyone was supposed to be, but I was there to relax, so I was going to rest and soak up some sun. On my way to the sundeck, I passed a group of students.

"Dr. P_____, I haven't seen you in a bathing suit before," one of them said.

"You still haven't," another one said.

It was then that I realized I was naked.

[Does anyone else have naked dreams?]

You can't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you eating 'special' brownies before bed, Dr. P???