Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bah Humbug......

I have raved for several years about our artificial, pre-lit Christmas tree. Sweet Girl was always opposed to artificial trees, and I resisted them myself. But when she was off gallavanting in the Persian Gulf one year at Christmas, I decided the time had come for an artificial tree. I knew she wouldn't be here to say "Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm." We've used it for several years, and we've never had a problem with it.

Until this year.

The top third will blink, the bottom third will sort of blink, and the middle third is just dark. If these were strands of lights, I could take them off and discard the junky ones, replacing them with new.

Sadly, I can't do that with a pre-lit tree. And we cannot figure out where the problem is. The only thing we know to do now is buy a new tree. Bummer. I'm already at least two weeks later than usual putting up the tree, and now we're looking at a delay of at least two more days. I always take it down the day after Christmas, so we're venturing into that no-man's land of "why bother?"

Hmmmmm. I'm debating.

Maybe we'll just buy one on sale right AFTER Christmas and be ready for next year.

But it seems so wrong not to have a Christmas tree. And I have all these wonderful ornaments.

On the positive side, we shopped yesterday and bought the bulk of our gifts for family members.

On the negative side, I didn't get them wrapped today.

On the positive side, I made Crock Pot Candy today.

On the negative side, I didn't get it put into individual gift bags.

On the positive side, I've made a bazillion Christmas ornaments.

On the negative side, I didn't get around to putting the embellishments on them.

On the positive side, I have ironed clothes for the next three days, and we can wear jeans both Thursday and Friday. (I just made that rule up, but I'll betcha my next paycheck I can talk the boss into it.)

On the negative side, the Falcons, the Broncos, and the Cowboys all lost today.

On the positive side, only five days until Christmas vacation.

4 comments:

AmandaSue : ] said...

just don't plug the tree in and go buy some new lights and then plug those in... I'm pretty sure that will work =]

Anonymous said...

I find it kind of creepy that our fake tree is doing the EXACT SAME THING!!! Perhaps they are all revolting this year...

KatyDid53 said...

Screw the tree. Walgreen's has Charlie Brown trees for $9.99.

Maggie said...

Believe it or not there's a gadget at Wally World that will let you test lights on a pre-lite tree so you can easier find out what the issue is, all for about $20. It looks like a tazer gun but according to 3 people I know who shared you problem, this sucker worked. You could give that a try.

wish you lived closer or that postage wouldn't kill me because Daddy-O has about 4 trees in the garage he isn't using and would be glad to give ya one.

Now on to more important things like what is crock pot candy?