Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sorry, Hubby.....

I know we usually go out for dinner on Friday night. But yesterday was the last day before Christmas break, so my co-workers and I went out after school. We went to a Mexican restaurant, and most of us had one drink. It wasn't like it was a drunken party or anything. We even made sure we were out of the county, lest any camera-wielding Facebook lurkers cost us our jobs. Normally we would laugh and say, "They can't fire us ALL," but since that very thing happened in a neighboring county, we didn't take any chances.

Remember the weather yesterday? We got about 3 inches of rain. It was miserable. So when I called and asked if I could bring you something home for dinner, I forgot to mention that your choices were limited to:

  • A drive-through so I wouldn't have to get out in the pouring rain
  • Something sort of on our side of town so I wouldn't have to fight the traffic
  • A place on the right-hand side of the road, because left turns at 5:00 on the Friday afternoon before Christmas are OF. THE. DEVIL.
  • Something I could afford with the change from the $20 bill I broke at the Mexican restaurant. Remember my penchant for NOT carrying cash? Yeah, it isn't fixed yet.
I apologize that Sonic was the best I could do.

Love,

Your wife

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I. love. it. I hope you at least brought him a Sonic Blast! ;)

Bragger said...

Maggie - He's diabetic. I shouldn't have even bought the fries!! I'm a terrible wife.

Anonymous said...

Sonic Rawks!