Saturday, December 26, 2009

End of SOME Annoying Commercials.....

With Christmas over and done with for this year, at least I don't have to worry about hearing some of those annoying Christmas commercials. Earlier this week I heard three advertisements IN A ROW with some aggravating version of "Jingle Bells." Isn't there a law on the books somewhere against that? It's inhumane at the very least. And don't even get me started on "Garmin dot com Garmin dot com Garmin dot com."

The annoying commercials will shift this weekend to quitting smoking and fitness centers. I fully expect Valentine's candy to appear in stores this weekend. It may already be there ... the farthest I ventured today was a walk in the park with Gus. I avoid shopping the day after Christmas with the same vigor as Black Friday. I didn't even go to the grocery store today for fear that some of the truly rabid sales-seekers might have leaked over there.

Hubby retires in 5 days ... sort of. Although his company knew the exact date of his retirement for MONTHS, they didn't quite get his replacement hired in time. So he has to work for a temp agency for a couple of weeks to get the new guy fully trained. That will probably be better for both of us anyway. I'm grumpy enough when I have to go back to school after Christmas break (come on lottery numbers, come on lottery numbers), but it was going to be even worse if I had to get up and go to school and leave Hubby sleeping. Or having a leisurely cup of coffee.

I wonder what new coach at Florida I'm going to have to learn to hate now.....

No comments: