Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Square Root Day.....

Today was Square Root Day. I'm not making this up. I heard it on CNN Headline News, and Robin Meade simply would not lie. If you don't believe me, just do a Google search for "Square Root Day." Go ahead. I dare you. I'll wait right here.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Square Root Day only happens 9 times every century. The last one we had was February 2, 2004, but I'm positive the damned groundhog grabbed all the attention that day. The next one will be on April 4, 2016.

And I hope with all that is holy (or unholy, as the case may be) that I am not still teaching then.

I told you I should have been a math teacher. I also celebrate Pi Day on March 14th. Or maybe it's just the pie I'm celebrating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned the square root of pi yesterday in honor of the holiday.

Yes, I'm a geek.

Maggie said...

I have subbed in math so many times the last few weeks, I'm actually teaching a lesson in square roots Monday...