Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner......

I haven't done much reading lately. I've been way too busy watching gymnastics meets that I've already seen a dozen times and/or that I attended in person. Oh, and crocheting scarves. And scarves. And scarves.

My reading time is usually limited to the few minutes after I go to bed before I get sleepy. Sometimes that's only a matter of two or three minutes; sometimes it's 30.


I did manage to squeeze this one in during the last couple of weeks, reading it on my iPad.

I was confused by the plot line at first. I understood what was going on, but it took me a while to make the connections among all the characters. (Sometimes I'm a little slow.)

The story is about a woman who decides to become a surrogate, the woman who wants a baby, her step-daughter, and the egg donor. Each chapter is told from the point of view of one of the characters. Sometimes I find that annoying, but it worked very well in this book. I am in awe of authors who can adapt to different characters' voices and still carry the plot line forward.

This book was a very good read, not predictable at all. I found the characters very human and could relate to most of them easily.

3 comments:

DJan said...

Jodi Picoult does that in every one of her books. Sometimes I have found it to be annoying, but mostly it works really well. I haven't read this author... yet.

Kelly said...

This sounds interesting. It'll have to go on the wish list since I'm not buying these days.

Dose Pharmacy said...

Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.