Hubby and one of his buddies both have birthdays this month, so they had some extra "points" on their casino rewards cards, and the points expire at the end of the month. Because the main shops weren't open when they left this morning, their only option for spending the points was a smallish convenience store right down the road from the casino. Hubby filled up my car with gas, so that was a good use of some of the points. He still had a lot, though, so he proceeded to buy the following:
- Two drinking glasses with the name of the casino etched on them
- Four ink pens: one that has the Sullen Teenager's name, one that says something about a teacher, one with his daughter's initial on it, and one with his own initial on it
- A box of chocolates (he gave it to his mother)
- A box of Funky Chunky, largish pretzels covered with a combination of chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter. Heaven in a box, and don't think I won't be checking out their website. Uh oh...guess I better log THOSE calories. May as well wait until I finish the box, which shouldn't take long.
- Some Oakley sunglasses
His buddy bought the following:
- A 12-pack of Diet Mountain Dew
- Five or six 5-Hour energy drinks
- A Barbie doll (he has one child, about five years old - a boy)
- Two packs of cigarettes (he doesn't smoke, nor does his wife, nor any of his friends)
- A handheld poker game
- Two gallons of anti-freeze
Clearly they need some training.