Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Birthday Boy.....

For some reason, at some point today I realized it's Gus's birthday. He is seven years old today, and I can't remember what life was like before we had him. We didn't do anything silly like bake a doggie cake or even make him some homemade treats. Goodness knows we don't need to give him any more excuses to expect royal treatment.

I swear to you, when I got ready to take this picture, I patted my recliner and told him to get up there. Then I told him to smile. I promise you I didn't give him a treat or any food or even put peanut butter in his mouth. He just smiled.







It's hard to believe he once looked like this. I think he was wondering what in the world had happened to him.


"Please, can I just go back to my mommy now?"


His fur began to fill out and his darker colored spots started showing up.




Personally, I like him with a longer coat, but it's just such a bear to brush. I mean, it's such a bear that the groomer charges extra to groom him when we let his hair get this long.



And then we have to shave him. I don't blame you, Gusman, I would turn my back on the folks who made me look like this too.



He has such a unique personality.

I don't know what we would do without him.

Happy Birthday, Gusman!

2 comments:

DJan said...

He was indeed such a cute puppy, but he's still got personality just oozing out of him! What a fine partner you've got there, Bragger. :-)

Happy birthday, middle-aged pup! (he's the equivalent of 49, right?)

Kelly said...

Gus is such a cutie! I hope he had a wonderful birthday. Give him an extra scratch behind the ears (belly rub, ear rub, or whatever makes him happy) from me.