Friday, January 6, 2012

Another Friday Failure.....

That title sounds a bit melodramatic, don't you think?

I just mean that I don't have a Favorite Things Friday topic planned out, and it's way past my bedtime. Tonight was the season opener for the college gymnastics season .... ahhhhhhhhh ....

It was a win for UGA, and probably the best of both worlds: a decent score (highest season opener since 2008), but not terribly high. There's still room for improvement, which should keep the competition going in the gym. I would make a terrible gymnastics coach, trying not to post ridiculously high scores at the beginning of the season. I would be all-out every meet, and I would wind up like SOME COLLEGE TEAM WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE TO HATE, posting huge scores out of the gate and then crashing and burning at nationals, when everything counts.

One-third of our scores tonight came from freshmen, which should bode well for the future.

Our reigning national champion on bars, who has deserved a 10 for the last two years, should have gotten one tonight. One judge gave her a 10, the other a 9.95. Her score of 9.975 ties her career record, and I think it's the third time she's gotten it. She's a senior this year, and I think she's destined to get that 10.

Our score should move us up in the national rankings, and we have a couple of individual gymnasts who will be right up there on a couple of events. All in all it was a good night.

Good night.

2 comments:

DJan said...

This year, I resolve to follow through all your gymnastics posts. Last year I would skim or skip them, having little interest, but now I realize I might have missed some important stuff here! :-)

Dose Pharmacy said...

Really informative blog article.Really thank you!