Friday, September 24, 2010

Frustrating Friday.......

I find myself in the foulest of moods on an otherwise pleasant Friday evening.

  • I had to say goodbye to my friend Lawanda the Warrior Princess today. Not totally goodbye, but she has gone to work at another school in our county. The bastards in charge of her pay couldn't find funds for more than half a year, and it isn't practical for her to work part-time. She had to snap up another full-time job with the school system's insurance, since her husband is self-employed. Personally, I don't think the power-that-be tried very hard to find to find the funds. 
  • Early in the week I sent out an email asking about the whole gang taking Lawanda out this afternoon after school. I asked where we should go and suggested a couple of places, then jokingly suggested we stay in town, order margaritas, and have our pictures posted on Facebook, a not-so-subtle reference to the young lady in our county who was asked to resign when her Facebook page showed her holding a glass of wine in Italy. Someone who may or may not be the principal of our school replied that my first suggestion was good, because it was in a different county. This same person who may or may not be the principal of our school did not show up for the gathering and said to someone else that she had not been invited. 
  • My internet has given me fits tonight. Or maybe it's my computer. The connection has alternately been extremely slow and at times has not recognized my network. I gave in and plugged in the connect card, since it's only one of the three ways in which I pay for internet service every month, and it has kicked me off the internet no fewer than four times. 
  • I was just about to go use Hubby's computer when HE got on the internet. What is he even doing UP at this hour?
  • We moved the television into our new bedroom, and for a while we couldn't get everything to work. We finally got the satellite to reprogram and had no audio. Much cursing ensued. In desperation I plugged the offending wires into holes clearly marked "Video," and the sound came on. 
  • The Braves are losing and the Phillies are winning. Not only is the pennant slipping from our grasp like melted Crisco, the wild card is looking doubtful as well. The Braves have scored two runs while I have typed this, however, so perhaps I should bad-mouth them some more. I wonder if that will work on my internet connection.....
On a positive note, my Sweet Girl is coming home this weekend and is due to arrive any minute now. It's been a long time since she came home for the weekend, and I can't wait to see her. The weekend will definitely improve.

No comments: