Friday, September 3, 2010

10,000 Reasons to Love Today......

  • It's the beginning of a lovely long weekend.
  • Our jobs are apparently safe because our new superintendent is apparently FULL. OF. IT.
  • Renovations on our upstairs are proceeding. This time last week, that was NOT a good thing.
  • I finally got to ride the Harley to school today.
  • I made it through my blood donation this afternoon without passing out, in spite of the fact that I did not drink enough water today.
  • I got completely caught up on my online grading today.
  • Football season starts tomorrow. It actually started last night, but the team I care about plays for the first time tomorrow. At 12:21. What a stupid kick-off time.
  • Baseball is still going on. That's one of the many reasons this is my favorite time of year.
  • Temperatures are supposed to be slightly cooler this weekend, perhaps only in the 80's. We'll take it. That's another of the many reasons this is my favorite time of year.
  • My mother-in-law, who spent last Saturday afternoon in the hospital with pneumonia (she talked them into letting her come home anyway), is feeling much better. In fact, when we went to dinner, she was gone in her car. That may not be such a good thing.
  • I work with an awesome group of teachers. Mostly.
  • Hubby is planning to stay home from the golf course tomorrow to assist with the renovations. Why did it take a hissy fit and an act of Congress last Saturday to get him to agree to the same thing? Oops, sorry, these are supposed to be positive things.
  • Gus is feeling better. When we went to the park to walk yesterday afternoon, Hubby had to turn around and bring him home. Libby and I continued our walk. We think when Libby jumped out of the bed of the truck, she might have landed on little old Gusman and hurt his leg or his back.
  • I'm not going to make you read all 10,000 reasons.

No comments: