Sunday, August 22, 2010

Status Update......

And I don't mean Facebook.

After my whining post about how I looked in some pictures VT sent me in the mail of my huge belly hanging over the top of my bicycle, I joined Weight Watchers online and have been following it diligently for a little over a week.

As of this morning I have lost exactly 5 pounds. The pessimistic side of me wants to say, "Thirty-five more to go," but the Pollyanna side (who doesn't rear her head nearly often enough) wants to say, "Way to go! That's 5 fewer pounds than you were hauling around ten days ago." WW only recommends losing 1.5-2 pounds per week anyway, so losing slowly is the correct way to do things. It just doesn't work for my impatience.

It's hard in that it takes careful planning and forethought, but it's easy in that the program is really flexible. If I wanted to have a piece of chocolate after lunch every day, I could. The problem is that I can rarely stop at one piece. Or even two or three. So I don't eat any, and I don't feel deprived at all. Well maybe not much.

Cyclists (the gung-ho ones) talk in GRAMS about the stuff they carry on their bikes. I figure I can afford a lot of gadgets on my new bike if I lose 18160 grams of fat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. 5 pounds is 5 pounds. It is more than a lot of us can lose in a week.