Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Karma and Her Sister Payback.....

You know what "they" say about karma. And payback. I think they're sisters with the same name.

That being said, however, I am gleefully going to go ahead and write tonight's post. I have no doubt it will come back to haunt me in the form of a humiliating loss during football season. Or, heaven forbid, gymnastics season. I am a born risk-taker, so I'm going to do it anyway.

This won't mean much to you if you aren't already aware of how much I loathe the University of Florida and all things associated with it. I despise the color orange. The Gator chomp makes my blood pressure go up. I was pulling for a gymnast in the Visa Championships last weekend until I learned that she has signed to compete for Florida next year. Then I pookie pookied her right off the uneven bars. I think. I just can't stand anything related to the Florida Taters....I mean Gators. Last year when Sweet Girl and I attended the NCAA gymnastics championships on their campus, I programmed her GPS to say "arriving at Gators suck".

A reporter for a radio station in Fayetteville, Arkansas showed up for a news conference with Razorback head coach Bobby Petrino (whom we all love to hate here in Georgia ever since he dumped the Falcons and slunk away in the middle of the night practically mid-season) wearing a FLORIDA hat. The coach answered her question, apparently noticed her hat, then said he would answer no further questions as long as she was wearing that hat.

She went back to work, and the radio station FIRED her. Now I hate to see her lose her job, but I have laughed all day because it was a FLORIDA hat. She claims she didn't think about the hat and just grabbed it as she ran out the door because it was raining, but I don't buy it. I think it was more of an "I'm by God going to get the coach's attention this time and he'll have to answer my questions" kind of thing.

What is a Florida grad doing working for a radio station in the hometown of another SEC school anyway?

I'm just sayin'.....

You can read the whole story here.

Call me evil. It won't be the first time.

No comments: