Sunday, November 29, 2009

How I Spent My Thanksgiving Break....


.......By Bragger

Let me preface this by saying that I AM NOT COMPLAINING. I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to crochet all these beanies. I just couldn't say "no" after I had told a couple of kids that I would make them one. The scarf is for a girl who asked for it long before the beanie craze began, but I just forgot.

The black ones are my least favorite. It's difficult to crochet with all-black yarn, and I think it's boring. Naturally about 4 students have requested black.

I have just a few more to make (6) , and then I'm calling it quits for a while. I will take "orders" for beanies that I will make over Christmas break, but I'd like to work on some other projects for a change.

I did make a few hexagons for an afghan. It's all one color, and each hexagon goes pretty fast. I'm sewing them together as I go instead of waiting until the end to sew all 53 of them together. I cannot believe that I, the person who abhors prime numbers and craves all things symmetrical, am creating an afghan that has 53 hexagons and is of an irregular shape.

I also made some Christmas ornaments to give as gifts to co-workers (surprise, y'all!)

And yet I still managed to do laundry, keep the dirt in my kitchen from getting knee-deep, clean out the fridge, exercise almost every day, and keep up with my online grading.

If I had a choice, I would prefer NOT to go back to work tomorrow. I'd like to continue crocheting.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

OMG I love the pink one!