Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dancing with the Stars Finale......

I have very mixed emotions regarding tonight's Dancing with the Stars finale. I don't know whether I want Kelly, Mya, or Donny to win.

I've thought since early in the season that Mya WOULD win. She has the best technique and has been the most consistent throughout the competition. She got two perfect scores last night, and I had to agree with the judges that her free style dance was below par. At least below par for her. I was expecting flash, tricks, and showmanship during that dance. Of course, she's been slammed by Len the Grump earlier in the season for just those things, so I can't blame her for toning it down. It seems she can't win. Boy can I relate to her on THAT front here lately.

At the beginning of the season I was slightly appalled that Kelly Osbourne was even included in the cast of stars. I'll admit that I didn't know much about her, and what I knew wasn't good. Plus they keep cutting to camera shots of her father, which I find scary. Kelly has come a long way, though, and a win for her would score one for the chubby people. I think it has been good for her to be exposed to some classier people. Isn't that somewhat arrogant of me to say?

I think the fact that I saved Donny for last indicates that I'm secretly pulling for him, in spite of my claims to have mixed feelings. I had a crush on Donny way back before he had five kids, and I watched him and Marie on their television show. I think he represents goodness and wholesomeness, and he is the ultimate showman. He readily acknowledges when he screws up, and he obviously respects the judges' comments and feedback.

I'll be avoiding news shows and the internet tomorrow morning, because I won't get a chance to watch tonight's finale until I see the recording tomorrow. So don't tell me.

No comments: