Sunday, May 31, 2009

Calling All Christians.....

I (sort of) witnessed a rather bizarre exchange between two women this morning.

I parked at the grocery store but decided to walk down to Tar-zhay in search of a water pitcher with a filter. It was one of those rare days when I just felt like walking, and I didn't have to rush home or anything. And by walking I could put off, if even for just a couple of minutes, the dreaded trip to the grocery store.

I heard loud voices behind me as I walked down the sidewalk, but I didn't really pay any attention to what they were saying. I actually thought they were friends greeting each other in the parking lot in that loud, (some) Southern women, obnoxious, don't-care-whose-ears-we-violate kind of way.

As I neared the Tar-zhay, however, there were two women screaming at each other, one in a van and one walking down the sidewalk. Apparently their roles had been reversed a few minutes earlier at the grocery store end of the shopping center, and the woman in the van was accusing the walking woman of nearly running over her.

Driver: You didn't stop at that stop sign!

Walker: Yes, I did! You walked out in front of me!

Driver: No, you didn't stop!

Walker: Yes, I did!

Driver: No, you didn't!

Walker: Yes, I did!

[Unintelligible gibberish while they both screamed at each other. The woman walking down the sidewalk was dragging a small girl with her, probably about 3 or 4 years old. Thankfully probably too young to be humiliated by her mother's behavior.]

This is how the exchange culminated:

Driver: I'll pray for you!

Walker: I'll do the same for you!

.
.
.
.
.

Here's an idea:

Why not just be nice to each other in the first place, forgiving if a transgression DID occur, whether it be pedestrian or driver, and leave out the middle man?

That would free God up to handle some more pressing issues.

2 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

hehe. NO kidding. sheeeesh. Walk away and call them crazy under your breath like a normal person for gods sake!!

Maggie said...

*giggle* Where ARE those stray lightening bots when you need them?