Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weird Weather....

We are having some weird weather here in the South. I don't really know that it qualifies as "weird," though, since it seems we have a little spell like this just about every winter. Temperatures were in the 60s this morning when I left for school, and I was dripping sweat just from the exertion involved with getting ready for school. And changing clothes 43 times because it just wasn't cool enough for any of my really cute Christmas sweaters. Except the black Christmas vest, but I had already reserved it for tomorrow. That's just like me, to know what I'm wearing tomorrow, but I was 15 minutes late for school because I couldn't decide what to wear TODAY. I could have borrowed tomorrow's outfit, but then I'd be in the same dilemma tomorrow morning. And my khaki pants needed to be ironed. Which I didn't have time to do. Yet I had time to change clothes 43 times. And I'm really not that kind of girl, to change clothes that many times. Actually I'm all for school uniforms, and please let's start with the teachers.

It isn't winter yet, but it's December. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense if the seasons started on the first of the month? I mean, then you wouldn't have to figure out which day winter is really going to start. Not that it matters here in the South. We can have temperatures in the 30s in October and the 70s in December.

But doesn't it sound reasonable that winter would start on December 1st, spring on March 1st, summer on June 1st, and fall on September 1st? I think Congress should get to work on this, right after they decide how much of our money they are going to give to big banks, big auto, and big anybody else who decides they need a bailout.

I know it's all scientific, so you don't need to explain it to me. I know it all has to do with solstices and equinoxes (equinoxen?) and the earth's axis and stars and moons and planets and gravity and Apgar scores, so you don't have to comment with the data. I'm just sayin' it would be a lot easier than trying to figure out if winter starts this year on the 20th, the 21st, or the 22nd. Which reminds me.....why don't we say the 20th, the 21th, and the 22th? I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

susan said...

I totally agree with the school uniform thing. I have the hardest time deciding what to wear some days. Now that I'm subbing, I sometimes recycle outfits because I do go to different schools pretty much everyday.:)