Thursday, December 18, 2008

Look Mom, No Glasses.....

This is a milestone blog post for me. It's the first one I've ever written without my glasses. I had laser surgery on my left eye today, and I'm thrilled with it. Especially thrilled that they only had to do one eye, because that meant I saved about $2500. It's not perfect yet, and I'm still seeing halos around lights at night, but I can already see better. He only did the left one because I have excellent distance vision; I only wear glasses for reading, so I spend a good part of my day putting them on taking them off putting them on taking them off putting them on taking them off and so forth and so on.

There was absolutely nothing to the surgery. In fact, I left the doctor's office at 9:30, came home and took a brief nap compliments of the valium they gave me, and then I went to school at 12:00. There are two steps to the procedure; each one takes about 20 seconds. I won't go into details about what they do, because it grosses some people out. I think it will be worth it, however.

Way past my bedtime. The sheriff's retirement dinner went on and on and on and on and on. The sheriff has always been a quiet man, and I think he saved up 24 years worth of words just to talk tonight. I thought he was going to give us a day-by-day account of his whole career. He didn't miss it by much.

Tomorrow is the last school day before Christmas break. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Lakeland Jo said...

I had cataract surgery a few years ( at forty!!!. It was the best thing I ever had done. No glasses no except for reading, after years of severe short sightedness. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I send you a big, fat WOOT!