Friday, December 12, 2008

Idle Hands.....

Actually, I don't really ever have idle hands. Even when I watch television, I'm either crocheting, reading a book ( I DO have to HOLD the book, you know), blogging, grading online assignments, or playing a computer game. Right now I have just completed another semester with my online job, so I won't feel the need to be tied to the computer for hours every evening. I felt compelled to go buy something to fill up the time and keep my hands busy.

I'm blaming this partly on Mamaneena, and partly on my friend LaWanda the Warrior Princess. Mamaneena posted a couple of weeks ago about knitting or crocheting or something, so I got the bug again. And then LaWanda the Warrior Princess was crocheting when I got to her house last Sunday, so it just made me want to create something with yarn. Or thread. Or cookie dough. So hubby and I went to the store tonight and bought crocheting materials. He stood there patiently and even helped me pick out the right variegated pattern to go with the colors I had chosen.

Buy my ADHD keeps kicking in, so right now I have one and a half Christmas ornaments and three bags of yarn (to make a very pretty afghan, I'm telling myself) to go with the myriad other unfinished projects that are currently cluttering up my "office." Which is just a euphamism for a junk room. Actually, I don't have ADHD, but if students can use it as an excuse for why they can't finish their assignments, I can use it to explain why I have so many unfinished craft projects in my house.

Of course I need to work on my quilt. And Sweet Girl keeps after me to finish my counted cross stitch project of DaVinci's The Last Supper. I've done all the cross-stitching, but DAMN!!! All that back-stitching required to make the hands and faces is soooooooooooooooooooooooo tedious. Maybe I'll finish it in time to put it in the auction at our family reunion next year. Maybe.

I also have some finished projects. They're just not framed. And now they have the wrong initials crossed stitched into them, because they were completed in a previous wifetime. Whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know that all 3 of my babies have used that blanket you made when my first was born!? I hope to be able to make something as beautiful someday.