I'm lucky enough not to have too many "must do" things right now. I have some "ought to" things and some "want to" things, and of course the "need to" things that I put off as long as possible.
Some things on my "need to do" list, above and beyond the usual housekeeping, which I also tend to put off as long as possible:
- Get started on baby Luke's afghan. His daddy is one of our co-workers, and he is due in January.
- Rearrange my dresser drawers. I've got cycling things in one and t-shirts in a dozen different places, but I need some organization.
- Organize the linen closet in my bathroom. It has taken on a life of its own.
- Clean out our living room cabinets when Hubby isn't looking. He has a million LPs that will never be any good again, even if we DID have a record player on which to play them, because he stacked them flat on top of each other. I'd be willing to bet money they won't be flat anymore.
- Make a new curtain for our basement/garage door. It's water-stained and just plain stained. It doesn't even have to be all that attractive, which is a good thing considering my limited sewing skills.
- Rearrange my silverware drawer. Get rid of all the sporks I come across, because sporks are OF. THE. DEVIL.
- Put the fringe on the ugly place mats I made last month. And hope the fringe will save them, because nothing else will.
- Change the shower curtain and bath rug in my bathroom. I'm over the ducks. Sorry, Sweet Girl.
- Make an attempt to organize my kitchen cabinets to the point that I'll have someplace to put all the small appliances. For someone who claims she doesn't cook, I sure have a lot of things geared toward cooking. Just in case I ever get the urge.