Wednesday, December 1, 2010

On the Upswing....

I've been a little under the weather this week. Because I have year-round allergy/vasomotor rhinitis problems, it seems I am ALWAYS sniffling. So when I actually do come down with a bit of a cold, it takes me a couple of days to notice. Monday I noticed because I had already gone through half a box of tissues on my desk.

I missed line dancing Monday night because of this stupid cold. It was raining and miserable and I felt awful. I felt even worse about missing class, because it was our instructor's last night. I hope she didn't think I didn't appreciate her. I'll have to email her. Someone else is going to take over her class .... someone who has never danced before. She's a step aerobics instructor. I can't wait to see how THAT is going to turn out.... I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, and she may turn out to be fine. Maybe.

Temps here are supposed to get down in the 20's tonight. I'm pretty sure I was not meant to live in temperatures that cold. It's why I was born and raised in the South. Canada, you can have your air back. You're welcome.

We are planning to take one last weekend trip in the RV this weekend. I was afraid Hubby would change his mind, because sometimes he mentions something and then forgets he ever said it. Oh yeah....he's male. We aren't going far, about 35 miles from home, to a very nice state park. His sister went kayaking there back in the spring and said they saw a bald eagle there. I hope we get to see something that cool. Hubby and I are pretty sure we saw an eagle last week when we came back from Florida. That was the first one I had ever seen.

I learned something important tonight. I was cooking some spicy pineapple fried rice to take for lunch tomorrow (yummy). I learned that if you're going to sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes into something you're cooking, you should just FLIP open the top where the shaker thingie is, NOT remove the whole freakin' top and POUR the flakes into the dish. I hope I live through lunch tomorrow. I'll throw a couple extra bottles of water into my lunch bag. Perhaps a fire extinguisher.

I must be feeling better. Last night I came home, announced there would be no meal cooked, threw myself into my recliner, and played Nintendo until time to teach online. (That was the only thing that kept me from going to bed at 6:00.) I did heat a can of chicken noodle soup, and I'm not sure what Hubby ate. He's grown. Tonight I came home, did a load of laundry, washed the dishes that have been piling up in spite of the fact that SOMEONE IS RETIRED AND COULD WASH THEM, cooked dinner, cooked the aforementioned way too spicy now rice dish, graded online assignments, had my daily phone conversation with the online student who needs a buddy more than he needs a teacher, and played just a little bit of Nintendo.

I just almost deleted this entire disjointed post, but I'm too tired to think of something else to write about. My apologies. I'll do better tomorrow night.

2 comments:

DJan said...

Who cares how disjointed it feels to you? It's where you're at right now, and I for one really enjoyed hearing the stream of consciousness. You are one busy lady, sick or not!

Maggie said...

I hope you feel better soon. And can I please have the pineapple rice recipe, minus the pepper flakes?