Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Mother's Pain....

Nothing is worse for a mother than to watch her child suffer. It doesn't matter if it's physically or emotionally. Luckily, Sweet Girl has always been healthy and hasn't given me cause to worry about her experiencing physical pain.

But she's very sensitive, and when she's hurting emotionally, I hurt right along with her. I wish I knew the right things to say to make it better, but I know that's not possible. I wish I could hug her, but she's too far away. I know she doesn't want to hear that I know how she feels. I remember being in the depths of despair and fully believing that things would never get better.

I always thought my mother had no clue about my feelings, or that she didn't care.

It's entirely possible that she DID care, but she didn't know what to say either.

Being a parent is the hardest job I've ever had. And I don't think I had sufficient training for it. If it were a regular job, I'm afraid I would get fired. Can I go back to the beginning and start over?

No comments: